Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Dog's Party








Day Chomper found my arms
In the parking lot of a Home Depot I did the best shopping I have ever done in my life. It fit in one hand, soft as cashmere, smelled like a taco and wriggled like a worm. There was no doubt in the sale, once that lady put Chomper on my hand there was no way in hell I wasn't taking that smelly, soft worm pup home.
I had the fortune (or not) of not having a job that summer and really not doing much with my life in any way whatsoever, so I dedicated my time to this beautiful little pup. We would spend those sweltering summer days playing, walking and watching Netflix. He would start sleeping on my legs and end up on my chest or shoulders, trying to be as close to my heart as possible; he is now a 60 pound dog that believes I still enjoy this. My body goes numb, but I enjoy every second of it.
He’s had his humorous puppy adventures, like he would climb inside the reclining couch and scare the crap out of me when I noticed the couch was howling. One night he got into his food bin and transformed into a black beach ball that required lots of potty trips the next day, I thought I had killed you, but you probably had the best night of your life. He has also chosen to eat his good amount of REAL LEATHER shoes over, say old navy flip flops? Or dog toys.
But he has always been there, with his scary excitement to see me, encouraging kisses to force unto me and devoted looks to give me when needed.
Chomper turned a year old this month. So I decided to make him some treats and spoil his diet. He has never been too much of a food beggar, but carrots are his kryptonite, anytime he would hear me chopping them he would run to the kitchen and sit like a good boy until I obliged. And since we used Peanut Butter for toys and treats, me and him would go through a jar of it fairly quickly. I found this recipe for carrot and peanut butter dog cupcakes online, but I think it is exceptionally delicious. They turned out more like muffins because of the density, but with some cream cheese frosting the humans were more than happy to taste. I will definitely be making these again for the next night me and Chomper have of indulging and cuddling.
Carrot PB muffins
(makes about 6)
-1c  flour
-1 tsp baking soda
-1/4 c natural Peanut butter (smooth of chunky is fine)
-1/4 c vegetable oil
-1 c shredded carrot
-1 tsp vanilla
-1/3 c honey
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
Instructions
1)      Combine flour and baking soda in large mixing bowl
2)      Add all other ingredients!
3)      Bake at 325 for about 25-30 minutes.
4)      Let cool and decorate with cream cheese frosting for humans, for dogs I would recommend a tiny bit of frosting or peanut butter to adhere a cute doggie treat. 

Chomper with his first pinata!



1 comment:

  1. I want some of those for my birthday please. Does it matter that I am not a dog? Love ya

    ReplyDelete